Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Taking matters into my own hands

I'm tired of being chastised at the doctor's office for my blood pressure--which is elevated because I am nervous about them chastising me about my blood pressure!!!!

So I bought a blood pressure monitor from amazon.com today and I am going to monitor my BP daily and keep a log listing the date, time taken, mood, etc. I'm going to take the log to my doctor's appointments with me and show them that my BP is usually normal and that their causing me to freak out about it is making it worse!!!

My BP before my scan yesterday was 172 over 95. After the scan it was 130 over 80. yes, I know that 130 systolic is still elevated, but they took my BP immediately after the doctor said "we need to screen you for the heart condition that your sister had." Um, okay, like that's not going to cause my systolic to spike?

I do feel that being able to show the doctors that THEY are the ones causing my elevated BP at the office and that typically it is much lower will help.

No comments: