Friday, September 07, 2007

Blue, times Two

We're expecting two boys!

Oh, how to digest all of how I feel about this.

First--I'm excited--I have two healthy babies, and I am envisioning them playing sports together and hanging out, and hopefully being each other's closest friends. Mark is talking about putting a half-pipe in the back yard! I'm hoping that they will probably not be reluctant to try wakeboarding and snowboarding, and all the more "dangerous" sports that Mark and I enjoy. I'm looking forward to teaching them how to tie ties and knowing that some day, these little kickboxers inside me will be taller than me.

Second--I'm a little sad. I'm kind of a girly-girl and I was so sure that I was going to have a little daughter of my own. And I won't. So in a way, I am feeling the loss of this fantasy daughter. It doesn't take away from my happiness over the boys, but it does change it slightly. I'll never help a daughter shop for a prom dress or help her decide which shoes look best with it. That's okay, but I do feel sad about it. Of course, I'll never have to pay for a wedding either, so there's that.

Third--what the heck are we going to name these two little guys????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimee, Congratulations on the twin boys!!!!! And I'm sending you some hugs to you for the disappointment you feel over not having a girl. Don't beat yourself up - it's natural.

Robert Brinkerhoff said...

You'll be grateful when they reach adolescence! Congratulations.

Aimee said...

Thanks guys! I am really excited about all the boy-stuff we're going to do--but digesting the surprise and wistfulness i think is part of emotional pregnancy rollercoaster. :)