Thursday, September 20, 2007

belly progress report--mama needs a haircut edition



Gawd, I'm huge. Its funny, knowing I now weigh exactly what I weighed back in May when I discovered I am pregnant, but looking in the mirror and seeing a completely different body.

By fundal height I'm measuring somewhere around 32 weeks, so about ten weeks ahead (normal for twins). I'm feeling pretty good in the mornings, with a steady decline in energy over the course of the day.

I am plagued by braxton hicks contractions in the evenings, so I am doing my best to relax at night to keep those at bay. After a scary 6 BH contractions in an hour the other night, I am trying to be much more conscious of my hydration later in the day. I am faithfully drinking my 64+ oz. of water in a day, but even so, most of that is earlier in the day, and falls off after my commute home.

I am so over getting dressed in the mornings. Maternity clothes suck. I just want to wear something that looks sharp and draws attention away from the fact that I need a haircut desperately--and that my highlights are a year old. I know it's vain, but I don't want to be that pregnant woman who looks slovenly and ill-put-together because nothing fits but the yoga pants.

Alas, nothing fits but the yoga pants. :(

Are we there yet?

No comments: