Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Weight gain, finally!!!!

I've started drinking the Boost High protein drinks (one per day) in order to get some extra calories into my diet, and wouldn't you know it, I've finally put on a couple of lbs in the past week! Yay!

While two lbs is nothing to get super excited about, it is weight gain, and that's good. I am still down 8 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, but confident I'll start gaining that back soon.

My belly is even huger (like that's a real word) than last week. I'm going to wait until thursday (when I'm officially 17 weeks) before I take another picture, but my fundus feels like its about halfway between my belly button and the bottom of my rib cage. The beans are slightly larger than avocados now, and will double in size by week 20 when I have my anatomy scan ultrasound. That's a lot of growing between now and then!

I would have thought it too early for this, but I am contemplating pulling the drawstring out of my maternity jeans.

Trying to decide about 3d/4d ultrasound. If I want to do one and get both twinkies in the same image, I'll have to do it within the next week. However, they implanted so far away from each other in the womb, that might not be possible anyway (no tech has been able to get them both together since 6 weeks, when they were just little blurs on the screen anyway). So I think I might do a 3d scan later in pregnancy to get a look at their faces. The 3d ultrasound place won't do one for twins after 27 weeks because there isn't enough room in there, so I have about ten weeks to decide if I want to do one.

Looking ahead to my annual Hilton Head trip in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see my girlfriends and hang out for a weekend. Mark promises that my mercedes will be back in working order by then, so it will hopefully be a pretty comfortable trip. :)

No comments: