Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Is it Saturday YET?

Weird week for me already and its only Wednesday. Last Friday, Mark got a call from one of his co-workers who had purchased a 93 300D dirt cheap and started to fix it up, only to weary of the process (and the outflow of $$) pretty quickly. Since his goal was simply to make some money off the car, he called Mark to offer the car to him. Mark paid him about $2000 more than he had paid for it, and now we have another Mercedes.

Monday morning I took my Mercedes, sans fenders, sans headlights, sans bumper, to an appointment at a body shop, where I was treated pretty rudely (honestly, who is rude to a pregnant woman? what kind of person would be like that???). This body shop was all the way across atlanta, the appointment was at 9 am, and it took me 2 hours to get there. Needless to say, I was pretty ticked off when I left there. I called the second body shop to ask them a few questions before I went over there, and they were very nice on the phone, so, having a good feeling about them, I drove out to Marietta (closer to where I live) and brought the car to them to get an estimate. They made an appointment to do some more measurements on the car before they could quote it, and they were incredibly nice to me. I left feeling much happier.

I decided since traffic was light, I would take the car home on the highway. I had gone maybe 2-3 miles when I started hearing a loud noise. I pulled over and got Mark on the phone. He suggested that it might be one of the fans, and had me turn off the A/C. This didn't help. So now I'm driving, slowly, up back roads towards home, and the noise is getting much much worse. Finally I pull over, call Mark again, pop the hood (everything looks fine) look around the wheels/tires, then crawl under the car a little bit (picture a pregnant woman on her back under her car on the side of the road--yeah, I wasn't laughing either), there I discover that the belly pan is hanging loose. Relief! Its nothing dangerous! The car is not going to explode, implode, or fall apart as I drive down the road! Thank goodness! But I still drive very carefully home, because I don't want to lose the belly pan altogether--it may just be a piece of plastic, but its a Mercedes piece of plastic, so it ain't cheap.

So it is determined at this point that I will NOT be driving my Mercedes to Hilton Head this weekend. However, Mark did just buy another 300D, so I will be driving that. I get home and I'm plagued by somewhat frequent Braxton Hicks contractions the rest of the day. They aren't painful, but too many can be a sign of pre-term labor, so I had to concentrate on counting them, which is a little nerve wracking.

Yesterday, Tuesday, I go to the tag office and transfer the tag on my little miata to the new Mercedes. Bye, Miata! I won't miss driving you in Atlanta traffic! I get home and decide to get the house in order before I leave for my trip. I cleaned the kitchen and the living room, and the formal dining room. I finish all that and realize--I haven't felt the jumping beans move ALL DAY. So I sit down on the recliner to rest a bit and they start moving and kicking. Relief.

So now its wednesday, I've had two busy days, a bunch of BH contractions, car uncertainty, a "decrease in fetal movement" and just thinking about the week so far makes me tired! I am ready to go to Hilton Head and have a vacation for a few days. I need it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aimee - Pregnant woman crawling under a car??? OMG! I'm surprised you didn't get stuck. Enjoy your trip to Hilton Head, take it easy, and don't overdue it. :-)