Wednesday, August 01, 2007

30

well, here it is.

I'm thirty years old, and trying to work out how I feel about it so I can write something profound and meaningful, a nice adieu to my twenties.

But you know, I don't really feel like saying adieu to anything. I think instead of sayin adieu, I will pack my twenties away in the acid-free paper area of my brain, and save them to take out later and look at when I'm feeling nostalgic.

No grand gestures for this one. On the eve of my twentieth birthday, I got tattooed as a goodbye to my teen years. Ten years later, I have nothing to say to my twenties except "it's been fun." And it has. I got married, I got pregnant, I learned to cook, I I ate a lot of good food and drank a lot of good wine, I learned to wakeboard, and I ran three marathons and I made some wonderful friends.

And my thirties are going to be even better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimee,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! I think your thirties will be the decade to remember with two beautiful children.

Aimee said...

Thanks Chandra!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sweetie!