Thursday, July 19, 2007

Every minute is a milestone

Today I officially entered the second trimester. (if we want to be exact about conception times/dates, about 25 minutes ago!)

Of course, this is a huge milestone, and one I am so thankful to have reached feeling relatively good.

But sometimes we focus so much on these big milestones, that we forget that there is a new one every minute. Every minute I am a minute more pregnant than I was the minute before. Every minute has been longer since I threw up. Every minute is one more minute closer to bringing my jumping beans home.

While I want to enjoy being pregnant, I am so filled with anticipation--I really cannot wait to bring the beans home. I look forward to holding them in my arms, and teaching them how to be good little people, and watching them grow. I can't wait until they have names, and a birthday, and familiar little faces. I can't wait to see if their eyes will be blue or green.

I don't want to wish away my milestones, and I want to appreciate every moment, but I am so impatient!

No comments: