Monday, November 12, 2007

s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d

I don't want to be one of those pregnant women who complains about being pregnant, but holy crap my belly hurts!

No one really ever tells you how it feels. My ribs are spreading and my sternum has turned up at the end like the end of a ski, leaving a burning/stinging/itchy sensation along the top of my bump where it meets my boobs, which are being held in a pretty perky position even without a bra by my hugeness. This sensation really feels like the itchiest rash ever combined with a pulled muscle.

Meanwhile, below the bump, there is some stretching pain in the groin, radiating up around my belly. This is pubic diastasis, and it ain't fun! Basically, everything is spreading, everything hurts.

I tried to explain to Mark, I am NOT totally miserable all the time. I'm just in pain and uncomfortable. I'm truly ecstatically happy--but all the joy in the world doesn't prevent a person from feeling pain. In two months, my boys will be here and this particular pain will be done.

I can handle it for two months. Just don't expect me to get anywhere in a hurry.

No comments: