Friday, October 12, 2007

oof!

That was quite the kick to the ribs there buddy.

I believe, from the way things are feeling in there (numerous strong kicks to both sides of my ribcage), that Baby B has turned and that both babies are head down.

Meanwhile, I have my consent forms and pre-admission paperwork for the hospital ready to be filled out and have little panic attacks every time I sit down to do the paperwork. It sucks, as I am the "paperwork" spouse: I fill out forms (for him too), I pay the bills, I schedule appointments for me, him, and the dogs. I did all the RE paperwork and so on.

Now, I am 25 weeks pregnant, and scared to death to fill out three little one-page forms. I don't want to fill out the c-section form because it makes it seem so final. I don't want to fill out the vaginal birth form because I want a c-section. I don't want to fill out the pre-admission paperwork because then i have to fill out the other two.

I have mostly packed the hospital bag, still need to get a few more items for the babies' portion of the bag, and pick some clothes for me to wear home from the hospital. I even have Mark's clothes packed, but not my own. Of course, he won't have an incision and a bleeding hoo-ha to deal with, so his clothes were easy. ;) The bag is going in the trunk of my car next week and remaining there until delivery. Wow, what a weird thought. Within three months from now, I will have gone to the hospital and produced two little men, out of my own body.

In some ways, I'm really looking forward to having sole possession of the premises again, and I am just dying to meet my little boys. However, I know I am going to miss this time with them--the awe of feeling them move inside me (at least when they are being gentle). But I won't miss the fear, the anxiety. I know there will be new fears, new anxieties, but this fear, this anxiety will be past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say in regards to the bleeding hoo-ha is: Depends.

I know it seems stupid and slightly gross but they were a godsend.

www.sophistiKated.com