Monday, October 15, 2007

Anniversary Dinner

Last night Mark and I went out to dinner at my most favoritest place in order to celebrate our anniversary (which is actually Thursday). I had a filet so good it made me want to cry. The demi-glace was perfect--it made me want to lick my plate.

I can't believe we've been married 4 years already. Wow. Just Wow. Every year on our anniversary, I tried on the top part of my wedding dress to see if I could still fit in it, and every year I could. This year, I won't be trying that little experiment. :) Wouldn't be fair to my boobs. Or my gigantabelly. Or the dress, for that matter.

I'm feeling restless with regards to my body. I know that the roundness is a temporary state, and I am fine with that and everything that comes with it. In fact, in some ways, I love my body more than I ever have before. But I look in the mirror, and I see the muscles in my arms and legs and butt have been wasting away. I'm getting thin in places I used to be strong. I'm worried that I'm getting weak, soft. I'm worried that I'm losing bone mass. I worry about the long term effects of the appetite troubles I've had since being pregnant.

I am thinking about a post partum exercise plan, and floundering because I still don't know what I'll be capable of doing. I know I won't be allowed to resume full activity until after 6 weeks PP. At that point, I would like to start running in the evenings when Mark comes home from work. I'd also like to set a bike trainer up in my house for use while the twins sleep. Between cycling and running, I feel like I should be able to get my cardio health back up to speed relatively quickly. I know a marathon is probably out of the question at least while I'm still breastfeeding, and that's okay. I have other fitness goals for myself now--mostly revolving around raising children in a household with a firm commitment to health as a part of happiness. If they see their parents exercise and workout as a normal part of life, they will be likely to be more active themselves. That's one of the best gifts I can give them.

No comments: