Friday, September 22, 2006

Day Two

Yesterday, I started my period. Its the first one I've had in over 105 days.

For someone who has never struggled with infertility, this may sound like the end of a good time. However, for me, it is the beginning of what will hopefully be a very good time after a very painful summer.

When I moved to Atlanta in May, I was full of hope, thinking I might be pregnant before the end of the summer. That hope faded quickly when I realized that I wasn't ovulating. When my doctor told me it was okay to skip periods every once in awhile, I grew frustrated.

At the beginning of September, I went to a new doctor and this time, he agreed with my self-diagnosis of annovulation. He prescribed Provera, a progesterone tablet, to make me have a period. I took it twice a day for five days, and then waited for five days to start my period. He also prescribed the fertility drug Clomid to make me ovulate. I will start taking it tomorrow and take it for five days. After that, I should ovulate about a week later.

I am armed with 25 ovulation predictor tests and 25 home pregnancy tests, and I am filled with hope.

Hope, so quickly after despair feels so good it almost hurts. Of course, that could just be the cramps.

I don't ever want to lose hope again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I saw one of your posts on TCOYF and it was so kind & hopeful (and included a quotation from one of my favorite books), so I just had to check out your profile. I'd seen "105 days" in a subject line & felt my heart go out to whoever it was that was suffering through that--and it was you! And now you've had a period & are finally getting some good treatment with a good doc! Yayyyyy!!!!! Good luck!!! A baby would be lucky to have a person like you for a mom. :)

-mahina