Sunday, November 05, 2006

I *heart* New York

Today is the New York City Marathon. The marathon I did not enter because I was going to get pregnant before November. On my running website, we are tracking our members live by their race numbers, and I am not one of them because I thought it would be so simple to get pregnant.

Simple for other people, maybe. But not for me. And now I am running into reminders of the chances I didn't take. The dreams I pushed aside for one dream. And as much fun as the Mercedes Marathon will be, its not NYC, and NYC is where I wish I were today.

And this is the gamble we take when we try to get pregnant and are unsuccessful. We push other dreams aside and we wait, and we grow frustrated that our lives aren't as much fun as they used to be. Our lives aren't as interesting as they used to be. And, because we have nothing better to talk about, our friends and families just want to talk about "Well, when areyou going to get pregnant, anyway?"

So today, I am remembering that life isn't simple, creating life isn't simple, and living a life worth living requires an equal mixture of patience and action. Patience to allow things to happen in their given time, and action to assure that life is lived with passion and satisfaction.

Good luck, NYC Marathoners. May your feet be swift and your hearts be light.

No comments: